Monday, June 05, 2006

666


If my mother had lived she would be 88 today. She was born June 6, 1918. That is her above, hanging out in a photo booth.

Also, this is the sixty-second anniversary of D-Day, June 6, 1944 - on the Beaches of Normandy and towns nearby.

The latest Omen movie remake comes out today. Which reminds me, the Prairie Home Companion movie will be coming out soon, directed by Robert Altman - it should be a sM*A*S*H!

And, the ole 666, the Mark of the Beast. Many mothers chose to have a cesarean yesterday rather than have their baby born on the date 06-06-06.

All you wicked people out there: Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great day...carefully....

Eddie said...

Steve,
You too - don't let any black cats cross your path, or screaming devils throw you in a boiling oil pit or anything.

Suzanne said...

Hmmm... I forgot about all that. I wonder if that is why there is alumni event at NYU today. They are a fairly evil institution, I found. The new "Omen" movie looks like crap, though.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
On the Today Show this morning, I think I heard, that The Omen is identical to the first, word by word, action by action.
Which reminds me, we rented a pretty good flick the other day, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio".

Carolyn said...

I did a 666 post today too, and my day started off pretty wicked. I didn't know that about the cesarian babies-- guess people didn't want to take any chances of having a little hellion on their hands, lol!

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
That was a great blog you did on Ann whatz-her-name.
She and her kind are the reason I vote Democrat more times than not.