Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Ray Genealogical Family Reunion


After we finished at the Fouts/Ray Iolta and Burningtown community we cut across country, the best way and direction I could figure out, stopped at a KFC and bought a bucket of KFC and took the by-pass and went to the Community Center building which had a sign out front saying “Ray Family Reunion Saturday”.

It was five minutes until 12:00. We were ones of the first one there.

We were not the only ones to bring a bucket of KFC… it was pretty common, because a bunch of out of towners came. If there was a pan of something home made then you know they cooked it at home, and the KFC buckets just about represented how many families from out of town were there.

We talked and swapped information and I think everybody that came gained some information about the Ray family that they did not have before they arrived. I printed off genealogical descendents sheets – about six of them that anyone could have that wanted one. And I printed off several pictures each of Emaline Ray Hunter’s children – they were swooped up quickly too.

As I sat there eating and talking a funny feeling hit me. I was became very hot. My legs and arms felt like hundreds of little insects were stinging me. Anna looked over at me and I think she thought immediately I was having another stroke. I was wondering the same myself.

I quit eating and just sat there with Anna getting me a glass of water. After sitting there a while I stabilized and I slowly returned to my normal shade.

After we talked it over we think that I had only pastries and coffee that morning at the bed and breakfast, and now I was eating KFC grease straight off the bone and chasing with regular Coke, normally I drink Diet Coke – no wonder. My body had a hard time processing all the carbs.

Still, when we left, she insisted she drive – which she did, alway to Canton, Georgia, where we stopped for dinner.

Then I drove the remaining 15 or so miles home.

It was an enjoyable weekend.

I told some old lady 94 years old I would see her next year. And she said, “No, I will be in heaven next year.” I told her that where ever she is, I hope she will have a great time. She said she intended to.

For a while there, I thought I was going to beat her there and open the gates for her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself pal.

Eddie said...

I think I am going to call the doctor this morning. I am only 4 days away from Medicare, but Anna says it is only $15 difference in now and 4 days from now.

Unknown said...

Anna's a wise woman, Ed...

Eddie said...

Yes she is.

Suzanne said...

Thank goodness you are OK. It's funny because in some ways, I don't know you really, and yet I feel like I do and I worry about you.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Thank you for your concern. But my hide is too rough and thick to keel over to easily.
I okay now, I ran 2.5 miles today and felt great.