Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I Forgot What I Forgot!

If you like to play guessing games then when and if you come down with Alzheimer’s Disease you might find some enjoyable moments.

A couple months ago Social Security sent me my Medicare Card which I will have to use after the first day of July for that is the month I turn 65. That is just over two weeks away so I thought I had better go ahead and put the card in my wallet.

Then I couldn’t find it. I looked every place I could think it would be and did not find it. While I was looking I also noticed my four prescriptions for various blood pressure, heart medicine, and cholesterol medicines were also not where I thought I put them, which I need to refill by mail in about a week or two.

I looked all over the house for prescriptions and Medicare card and decided we probably mistakenly threw it in the trash.

I ordered by phone a new Medicare card, which the computerized voice me it would take up to 4 weeks and also told me to have a nice day and I told it to also have one. And I typed a letter to my cardiologist shamefully explaining I lost his prescriptions he gave me, and please issue me four more.

When Anna came home she found the Medicare card. It was in a place I told her I was putting it so I “would know where it is at”. But she couldn’t find my prescriptions.

I was suppose to hunt down all my programs yesterday for when my son reloads several operating systems we will also have to reload the programs. I never got around to it, because of hunting the stuff above. So, today I will look for all the programs, which might be another repeat from yesterday – gad, I hope not.

We had some new neighbors move in behind us this weekend. It must be a young couple in their early 20s. About 6 or 8 young people were in their backyard partying yesterday. There were only two women and the rest men. They were playing horseshoes, cooking on a Weber grill, sitting talking, and so on. The only problem it seems every time I would look down and try to figure out the social structure of the young people is that they would be looking at me. How can you spy on your neighbors if they are spying on you?

The only things that I deducted is that nobody in the group had any kids with them but they did have two dogs.

Also, as we were turning in last night at 9pm (we go to bed early), I looked out the window and two of the young men were up at the property line facing our house urinating. I have said many times that I am invisible.

I went for a 32 minute 4.41 mile bike ride this morning. And all is Okay in La La Land.

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

People are such savages, I swear. Nothing proves that humans really are animals more than public urination...

Anyway, while we were in DC my mom had a moment sort of like you describe. She started panicking when she could not find her bag, and yet it was strung over her shoulder the whole time. Things like this happen to me all the time as well. I guess we are in good company.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I have been keeping up with your Washington trip posts and enjoyed it along with you.
Welcome back!

kenju said...

This morning, I went to the sink with a bottle of Tylenol in hand, to take one capsule. I remember drinking water, but I couldn't for the life of me remember opening the bottle and actually taking out a pill and swallowing it. So I took another.....LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
Plenty of times I forget if I did routine-kind-of-things or not. But, I usually assume I did.

Anonymous said...

Dude, peeing in the yard is as southern a tradition as any other. Some folk'll hide it when they pee and others'un wont.

Im not telling you which one I choose....

Eddie said...

I thought maybe they were marking off their territory.

Michael Bains said...

Peein' in the yard ain't just a Southern thang. It's a rural thang.

I'm glad you're wife's got yer back, Ed. I get mad at myself for forgettin' the little things all the time. It may be the 2nd biggest reason I hating being single at 40.

Eddie said...

Michael,
I put your reply on the next blog up - see what I mean?

Unknown said...

steve caught one of our neighbors peeing in the yard once. It was early early morning and at least the guy was facing his OWN home. There are two theories as to why he would do this:
1. he was drunk and didn't realize what he was doing. Now, I've been drunk before, really drunk. But I always knew where and when I urinated.
2. The house is a single-wide trailer that is tiny, tiny, tiny. It can't be bigger that 2BR 1BA. There were about 7 people living there at the time and my theory is that there was too long a line for the single bathroom and he decided to go for it in the yard. At least it was just peeing...

Unknown said...

by the way, don't worry about misplacing things. I am only 36 and do weird shit like that all the time. Once, I tore the place apart and couldn't find my keys. My sister found the in the fridge. Go figure.

Eddie said...

Bird,
When I used to run the Peachtree Road Race every year people would want to pee near the starting time, and with 50,000 around the lines were long. So, it was nothing to see a remale hunkered down in plain view, or a male openly emptying his bladder.
When one has to go, why let a long line stand in the way?

Suzanne said...

Well, I agree that when you gotta go and there's a long line, it makes sense to pee in public. But in your own backyard? That's just sad. My own cultural bias shows through on that one.

Eddie said...

One time when my mother was a kid on a farm in north Georgia she was up in a tree "going" when ehe bombed the preacher who came visiting.