Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Critters Hanging Out

This evening I looked out the window of our den to check on the critters. Beneath the feeders were two quail and one parakeet eating the left-overs that the other birds and squirrels raked and kicked aside.

That's rigt! A parakeet! A blue Parakeet was pecking away. I got my binoculars out and got a cloer look and his feathers looked sort of frazzled. He probably is homeless, ran away one day, now pimping himself to any love birds that may fly his way.

This morning on the treadmill I was watching the same bird feeders - three of them on a stand, all 3 holding sunflower seed when two squirrels got into either a fierce fight or a hyped up love-making session. They both went around and around a bar so quick you could not tell what they were doing, but going around and around at a fast speed. Once, one fell to the ground, but quickly rebounded and was back up going around and around with his opponent or mate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im thinking blue boy wont last very long.

Anonymous said...

plus there is likely a cat looking around for some food also.

Eddie said...

Steve,
There is scattered cat fur across my fence that I thought a hawk swooped down and had a meal. Maybe it was a fierce self-reliant litte Parakeet who did the swooping.

Eddie said...

Michael,
Everybody needs a mate! Everybody needs some body behind them picking up.

kenju said...

I was sitting in a friend's kitchen one time when we hears a tapping at the sliding glass door. Going in that room to check it out, we found a parakeet "Knocking" to come in. We figured it was someone's pet that had gotten free by acccident, and it was hungry. So they bought a cage and feed and they had that bird for years. No one ever put an ad in the paper to find it - poor baby.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I forgot to mention I saw this little fellow fly off and it was impressive. Maybe it impressed me because I do not normall see parakeets fly up up and away. It has a wing span for more out of proportion than you would think, being so small. It had a beautiful flight with big wings flapping.... nice.