Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New Feature




This new feature may or may not last very long. Sometimes I start something then after a while the novelty wear off and my mind wanders to something else and…. oh-well.

The past two days in the afternoon when it was too hot to work out in the yard or exercise I have been dragging out old photographs looking at them. I have accumulated and amazing assortment of photos through the years. Some of my sons and other family members and some of just things I thought was a good subject to take a picture of.

I won’t say they are good. What is good and what is bad is up to individual’s taste, or “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. But I do think some of them are unusual and also I get to blast you with photos of my sons.

I decided that I am going to try posting and sharing a good many of the photographs, unless I get hit by rotten tomatoes or a cabbage or something.

These first three were taken at the Atlanta Zoo, A.K.A. Grant Park.

The silverback gorilla is the famous Willie B. who died a few years back. Willie B. was named after the Mayor William B. Hartsfield of Atlanta who masterly dodged all the red-tape and got Willie B. as a baby.

Willie lived about 40 years and was introduced to the opposite sex at age about 35 and knew how to woo and “make his move” to two different female gorillas. And after his children was born he was a natural parent, playing with the youngsters. Watching him play with the infant gorillas reminded me of Marlon Brando in The Godfather in his garden with cherry tomatoes in his eye sockets.

The Orangutans are just a loving parent and child who knew that everybody around them were different and strange – they could trust only each other.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I love photos of animals, people, nature, anything! Post away!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Okay, I will pelt you with some photos from time to time.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! I get amped over Animal Planet half the time. They have a new program called "Meerkat Manor" that you should try if you like nature documentaries.

Eddie said...

Bird,
I love nature documentaries. When I watch them I get focused and transfixed that a monster could be eating me alive and I wouldn't even notice unless he got in front of the TV.