Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rabbit / Food

For the past several weeks we have had rabbits in our back yard, big rabbits, small bunny rabbits, and regular size rabbits. They have about a three yard-span that the cover grazing the grass and eating what spills out of the bird feeders. They are enjoyable to watch.

Tonight Anna was cleaning out the refrigerator and she asked me did I think the rabbits would eat some shredded carrots and baby carrots that we bought as a buy-one-and-get-one-free deal. I said I we would see.

So, I went outside in the back yard and scattered the various forms of carrots over the back yard.

Then I looked up and high on limb overlooking me was the neighborhood hawk. I looked around to make sure no animals were nearby and slightly nodded at the hawk. And it slightly nodded back and looked the other way.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Speaking as the human caretaker of a 13 lb. rabbit, I can assure Anna that rabbits LOVE carrots. They are so cute when they munch on them, too. That was very nice of you to give them such a treat.

I also love how you and the hawk had silent negotiations. Fantastic post!

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Thanks, I saw that 13 lb rabbit in one of your blogs. He appeared to be a big relaxed kind of Jack.