Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Henry Gable W


This is Anna's great grandfather, Henry Gable W. ((1857-1936). He married Louisa Kuykendall (1868-1923) in 1880.

They had 5 children, which were not many for a famrer.

I like his X shape pose - which I have seen plenty of photos of that period with the legs positioned the same way.

They are buried in Enon Cemetery in Woodstock, Ga. Recently tombstones were turned over and some smashed and even one grave dug up and the body stolen, which the news said was done on the decease's 100th birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of my ancestors had a great deal of kids. You are absolutely right. Mom had 9 bros and sisters.

Eddie said...

Steve,
My paternal grandmother had nine and my maternal grandmother had a dozen.
However, in this case, I should have mentioned, they kept churning out girls. They had four daughters and one son.... maybe they were thought they betteer quit while they were ahead, those doweries can get expensive.