Saturday, April 15, 2006

Washington Square Might Move Over a Few Feet



I took these pictues of Washington Square between 1963 amd 1965.

Suzanne of the blog Champaign for Unshaved Snatches (see link on right)in the comment section about my last Navy rememberance said:

"I was mortified to hear that there is a zillion-dollar plan to move the fountain in Washington Square Park a foot or two over so that it is perfectly aligned with the arch. I really cannot believe that the city does not have better things to spend our money on."

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the pictures. The views you captured look exactly the same these days, although a little to the left of the church is a ginormous ugly new student center for NYU.

Eddie said...

Thanks.
It seems there was a big cubical looking building full of windows a little to the left, facing south.