Saturday, April 08, 2006

Good Cajun Food

Today we ate lunch at a Cajun joint. We haven’t eaten at this place in about a year. We were the only white people there. We were the only white people there last time also.

Anna was trying to remember what she had last time, so she could try something different this time. Did she have the red beans and rice? If so, she would like to try the Cajun rice. But, if she had the Cajun rice last time she would like to have the red beans and rice this time. She asked me did I remember and I said no, but she should ask the people at the counter they might remember (get it?).

Wait! There was another person there not black.

In the kitchen, which can be seen at the counter, was a very innocent looking beautiful Spanish teenage girl with big innocent brown eyes. She was watching everybody around her and taking it all in. I could tell it was her first day. She has to learn the English language to be able to communicate with her co-workers, and not only that, but the local colloquialism as well… the only thing she had to go on was the body language which is universal. She looked frighten. I felt for her.

The food was good. What I had was spicy enough to loosen my sinuses. And the music was good. On CDs they were playing New Orleans type of music, from Dixieland, Cajun folk, and Xaderan (?).

It was a pleasant meal. Until we went to the restrooms before we left.
I had no complaints about the restroom. But Anna came out having feeling nauseating. She said there was a giant turd laying in the toilet bowl that was just too big to make it down the pipes.

I’m glad we ate first and went to the bathroom secondly. Otherwise, we may have missed out on some good Cajun cooking.

3 comments:

kenju said...

EW!

Suzanne said...

I feel for the person who left that behind.

Eddie said...

I guess the good part is that they did leave it behind. Surely she felt better after getting rid of it.