Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Clyde's Gang



In both of these pictures there are at least two of the same girls in both of them.

I can't tell who's who in the picture with 11 people in it, but the picture with the 3 girls, the far right is my wife's great aunt Gertrude. She was in two previous pictures in an earlier blog. Clyde Herrin is the girl with dark clothes on in the center.

Although I don't think you can tell it by the picture but Clyde was a very sick person. She died shortly after these pictures were taken. I think her friends knew she was dying and wanted to show her a good time before she left them.

The picture with 11 people in it has on the back "Clyde's Gang".

5 comments:

kenju said...

Love the pics! Why did they name that girl "Clyde"?

Anonymous said...

Looks like about 1915-1925. How close am I? Jeez I need a scanner....

Eddie said...

Judy - I don't know why they named her Clyde. Maybe that is sort for something else, or a nickname.

Eddie said...

Steve - One of the females in the picture is Gertrude (1895-1986). You said it looked to be taken between 1915 and 1925, I think that is about right. She was probably about 20 or 21 in the picture, so about 1915-16.

Eddie said...

Steve,
You don't live that far away, any time you are near Atlanta, let me know ahead of time and bring a batch of pictures you want scanned an we will and then copy them to a CD.