Sunday, April 02, 2006

An Off-Track Genealogical Note

While researching genealogy and family notes and letters you sometime run across some interesting tidbits; or something that reminds you that your subjects are human. Here is a note I came upon today:

William David Tyson (1891-1971) had dated both Eva Newell and Ruby Mae Smith. He chose, for whatever reason (possibly health-related) to marry Eva, who died in the Spring of 1915 from tuberculosis, according to family members. As the family was gathered around her deathbed, young Boyd Tyson heard her talking about the angels singing and how pretty it all was. He said this deeply affected him and confirmed for him the reality of there hereafter. "Scared him straight" he says.

3 comments:

LZ Blogger said...

As a very small child, I was there when my great grandmother passed away. She gasped out and said the name of her departed brother, at the same time she left this world... (just as if she had just seen him). ~ jb///

Eddie said...

I think I vaugely remember something ike that in my family but can't quiet draw it up to the concious level.

Eddie said...

Iz,
Also, thank you for dropping by. I have noticed your comments on sites that we hold in common.
I just went to your website and you have a nice one. It reminds me of an ex-co-worker.... he was in Vietnam and spent a year or so on-line tracing down his old Army pals and now they have a reunion about every year. The last he mentioned it he was working on a website for his unit that was in Vietnam.