Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Me The Ignored.

I have always claimed that generally I am ignored unless somebody wants something from me.

In the paper this morning was a article about someone I was in school with, which reminded me of his friend Micky.

Micky was a couple grades ahead of me in school. One Friday afternoon, at the drugstore we hung out at as teenagers, Mickey asked me to lend him some money for a date.

I lent him the last $3 I had.

That night I stayed home until about 10:30 and went to the Burger Basket. The Burger Basket was one of the places teenagers would gather late at night and socialize.

I met up with another friend Larry and we were just sitting around talking to different people we knew. The waitresses didn't keep up with who were paying customers and who weren't.

Around 11:30 or so Mickey came in. His date was over. He sat at the table with us and ordered a hamburger and Coke which when it was brought cost $2.95. He looked at at the seeded hamburger bun and the potato chips and said he didn't know why he he ordered that, he just wasn't hungry.

He offered the hamburger to Larry. Larry said he didn't want it. Mickey said he wished he would take it, because he would just have to throw it away if he didn't want it.

Hey! That burger was brought with my money and he didn't even consider giving it to me.

Asshole.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Did you speak up and tell him that? You should have.

Eddie said...

No, I thought I come off as being self-centered.

gerbil said...

I hope you wouldn't make the same mistake now days?

Eddie said...

No, I hope I wouldn't, but again, I hate to say "no".