Monday, April 17, 2006

Christms 1926 - Ho Ho


This is my mother-in-law's family and extended family. My mother-in-law is the little girl up front on the right holding a doll, and next to her is her brother. Another brother is in the middle row.

Her brother next to her went into the Marines during WWII and afterwards had a career with the Postal Service. He died within a few years. The little boy in the middle went into the Army, the Air Army, that is, and became a pilot. After the war he became a TWA pilot and now is retired. He, his wife, and my mother-in-law generally meet at a restaurant on most Sundays for dinner. There was one other daugther to reach adulthood and she became a banker and died about ten years ago. Two or three siblings died as babies.

Have you ever noticed with old pictures you rarely see people smile? I doubt if the photographer told every body to say "cheeeese!" on the court of three.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I once heard that it became unfashionable to smile because of the length of time it took to take the pics. Who knows?

It’s a great picture. I am glad I stole your idea about getting photos up of old pictures.

12:00 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Pictures are great. They are meant to be shared.
I'm glad you decided to show your pictures also...
When someone gives me an idea that I use, I don't say I stole from them, I say they "inspired" me... then there is no repercussions.
(me tapping my forefinger on my forehead temple) You always need to look out for number one.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script