Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Senior Moment

Yesterday evening I had dinner ready early. We ate as soon as Anna came home.

The purpose of the early dinner is that I had plans going to the Cobb County Genealogical Society meeting that evening. I don't go to all the meetings, just the ones that they promise an interesting subject.

This month's subject: Indian Trails in Cobb County and the speaker was to be a doctor somebody who did a lot of research in the matter.

So, after we finished eating I drove seven miles to downtown Marietta to the Central Library. The meetings are scheduled to start at 7:00, I wanted to get there at least 30 minutes early so I could look over their CDs and also piddle in their genealogical room.

So, as I walked into the door that you have to press a square thing to make them open easier I looked at my watch and it was 6:30. Perfect! Then I also noticed the date on my watch. It said the 18th. The Cobb County Genealogical Society meets at the Central Library the 4th Tuesday of the month, not the 3rd.


A senior moment? Probably. But also I would like to, just like our President would do, in a mistake like this, point the blame someplace else.

Up until two months ago I always received my email newsletter from the Cobb County Genealogical Society newsletter on Thursday, before the next Tuesday's meeting. But last month it came two weeks before the meeting Tuesday - I caught that one. But this month I am a month older.

Oh well, no harm done, except my gas burned, which if converted to money could probably feed a family of 9 for two months in a 3rd world country.

Labels: ,


Blogger Steve said...

I had one of those yesterday. I briefly forgot my street address....Its been a long two weeks.

5:58 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Yes, you have a draining 2 weeks. That is a terrible thing one has to do, is to bury their own parents, but also it is the natural order of things.
I cannot imagine the hell my father-in-law had to live through, each of his 3 sons died before he did.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I dont even want to think about my son going before me.

12:11 PM  
Blogger ET said...

me neither.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script