Sunday, June 06, 2010

Dis Day was D Day Dat Will be Remembered

Stanly Hunter



Roy Petty


D Day, June 6, 1944, will be remembered** in history as the day the Allied Forces came crashing down on Third Reich* in France ending World War in Europe.

Two of my uncles landed on the beach of Normandy that day to do their part: My father's brother Stanly Hunter and my mother's brother Roy Petty.

The invasion was very high risk. Many men died. And all that lived/have had to relive that day of watching many of their friends cut down the rest of their lives.

I'm happy to say that both my uncles survived and lived to be old to be retired and old enough to see their grandchildren.

*The Nazi Party is a good example why no country should be controlled by one party. A one party system has full unquestionable power.

**It was also my mother's 26th birthday.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

Eddie, Thanks for paying tribute to my Dad and your uncle Roy. I have heard stories from both of them and I don't know how they survived.

Eddie said...

Johnny, When I think of them on Normandy Beach I think of the same beach in the movie "SAVING PRIVATE RYAN". The beach scene was hell, and I think, multiply that hell by a 100 and you might have a rough idea what they went through. And it was for all of us.