Monday, January 29, 2007

You Know Who....



Click on the pictures to read the balloons.

I have mentioned more than once (as people bragging often do) that in most movies that before all unfolds I can tell you who is going to get killed, who did it, and the surprised ending. I ruin movies for Anna all the time.

This is partly due to watching the details… things said that has no reason to be said, or sometimes what not is said but insinuated.

I developed this talent, if you want to call it a talent through the years. I think I first (harp music lightly playing) realized movies have certain formulas by reading HUMBUG magazine edited by Harvey Kurtzman, after he left MAD and TRUMP folded.

Cartoonist Jack Davis and Kurtzman had a regular – irregular feature in HUMBUG called “You know Who Gets Killed”

I picked out a good cross-samplings the feature to show you what I am talking about.


And that planted the seed in my head “you know who killed them”, “you know who is going to live to the end” and so on.

8 comments:

Button Gwinnett said...

I know what's gonna happen to you evenutally. Anna's gonna turn on you one night when you catch her just right. ;-)

Just like with my friends Josh and Tanya. Josh used to do the same thing, almost in a competitive way. One night I was watching "What Lies Beneath" with them, and Josh hints around until he's let the cat out of the bag about who did what. In hindsight, it really wasn't that hard. But Tanya and I might not have had our thinking caps on.

Anyway, Josh caught Tanya on a bad night. She got so mad with him that she turned the popcorn bowl over his head. Which was really bad news for Josh since he had asked for extra butter.

One day it's gonna be you wearing that popcorn bowl!

Eddie said...

Button,
Oh no! Since I am bald headed, I can feel those little unpopped slippery butter kernels scattering on my head now.

kenju said...

Remind me not to go to a movie with you, Eddie! LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
Really, I keep my mouth shut (most the time)

Michael Bains said...

Hey! Did you notice who the 2nd cowboy from the left (in the "conserve you water" 'toon) looks like?

John Wayne's dumber younger wanna-be, himself!

Those are hilarious and a great idea.

Eddie said...

Michael,
You are right! It looks like a young Duke, that crusty old war hero that never served.

Suzanne said...

Anna must have the patience of a saint sometimes.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
saint Anna?