Monday, January 29, 2007

Ma AT&T?

AT&T has bought out BellSouth. According to what all I read it is going to be a friendly takeover. And AT&T announced it will be do some things customer friendly too, so we will not consider the takeover a negative thing.

Of course, there will be changes, but in so many words they said the changes will be nice changes.

One change I am interested in is my email address. Now it is @Bellsouth.net. Will I have to change it to @at&t.net?

One of the changes will be to change the stationary and all logos wherever they may be. I was thinking of the huge building in downtown Atlanta that has big letters that spell BELLSOUTH. That will have to be changed to AT&T. How much do you think that will cost? Ten dollars? Maybe fifty dollars? I think it will be up in the thousands.

And that big tall building is not the only one, BellSouth has hundreds of buildings and substations that BELLSOUTH will have to be removed and AT&T will take its place. I think a million bucks to do all the changes would be a very conservative estimate.

But whatever it is you can bet the costs will be relayed to and paid by us customers, in a customer friendly way of course.

6 comments:

Michael Bains said...

The Monoplistas took over SBC over a year ago up here and the email extensions haven't change. You'll be fine on that point, at any rate.

Sucks that we've got to go and learn the lessons of the Gilded Age all over again, don't it Ed...

Eddie said...

Michael,
I'm too old to have growing pains.

Anonymous said...

how long ago was it, ed, since they broke them up?

Eddie said...

Bird,
I dunno... 10 to 20 years?

Suzanne said...

How pleasant of them to lie so baldly.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Not only are they customer friendly, they are also liar friendly.