Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Walking And Running

I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes this morning then ran.

Until today I have not ran since mid November. I am proud to say I ran 20 minutes and 40 seconds and my pulse climbed to 120.

As far as pulse rates go, my heart condition it is recommended that I exercise to get my heart rate in between something like 103 and 128. When it goes above 128, if you were looking at a meter with a dial, the area past 128 would be a dark red. And I am to keep it going at that rate for 30 minutes.

So, my plan is to work myself up to at least 30 minutes per run.

Then who knows? I might even work myself up to 31 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said BETWEEN 103 & 128. Your meter shows RED when it gets to 128. Doesn't that mean you are in a danger zone for you? Shouldn't you maintain just at 128 and not higher rather than try to go higher? Don't want to have to scrape you up off the road somewhere.

Eddie said...

I think the imaginary red zone is when it reachs 129... that is based on using 90 of your heart's ability.

Anonymous said...

Most of the time I dont know how far i run, I just run until x number of minutes have expired.

Eddie said...

Steve,
I keep my time and distance logged, so I can compare and struggle (literally) to improve.