Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jones Family Reunion c1929


click to make larger.

This is an old reunion of the Jones family – I estimate it was held about 1929. It was probably held in Milton County, Georgia. Milton was where most the Jones family of that time lived.

Milton County, Georgia, no long exists. The northern part of Fulton County a small portion of Cherokee County made up Milton. Now, there is a movement to get back on the map as a real county again.

The posing preparation for the picture it looks they tried to follow the conformity of churches of that time: The men on one side and the women on the other.

See the three kids on the left? Two of them are Anna's mother's brothers. Anna's mother is the shortest female on the women’s side. She was about 9 years old at the time.

Look at the row of men on the left. One person stands out because he did not have the top part of his dress suit on. That is Anna’s mother’s dad. His kids are right in front of him.

Looking to the women on the right, the first person in the women’s row is a man. He may be also be oldest one there and will do what he darn well wants to do.

4 comments:

kenju said...

You should have that photo preserved or restored, Eddie. It is fading badly, like some of mine.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I copied it from somebody, I don't have the original.

Button Gwinnett said...

I wonder what they ate at that family reunion? Bet it was some good stuff!

Eddie said...

I bet potato salad, fried chickens,corn bread, biscuits, maybe a ham, cakes and watermelon.
(I just named what was on the table at the reunion I went to this past summer far back in the hills of Union County - plus the bucket of KFC I brought, but I doubt if anything like that was there back then.