Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Only The Good Die Young

Today I heard someone rap at the carport door. Who could that be? Why didn’t they ring the doorbell?

All I had to do was open the door to find out.

I opened the door and Melissa (Bob's daughter) was standing there in her bare feet.*

In her very sweet teenagy voice** she asked me could she borrow my phone, she let the dog out and the door slammed behind her and she said it always locks when it does that. She need to call her grandparents (mother’s parents) who live about a mile away to bring her the spare key.

“Sure.” I said and handed her the phone. But before she called I asked her what was the latest on her father, “How’s your father? – I heard he was very sick”.

She told me Bob was still in the hospital but he has stabilized and his sickness was not as bad as first thought. She said he does have cancer, prostate cancer which is treatable. Also they found some little vein or tube or something in his brain which was leaking and they fixed that… so, he will be well enough to come home soon!

Whoopee!

• *It is cold and breezy outside, so I don’t think a lot of people would go barefooted in this weather, but most of the time she has on a small shirt to expose her midriff and short shorts, in the coldest of weather, so today I thought only being bare feet was somewhat over dressed.
• ** Melissa normally ignores me and doesn’t wave or anything when she sees me, and I do the same. However, when she wants something, for instance, to use the phone, then she becomes the sweet teenager. Because I have never had to ask them for anything, I haven’t become the gushy nice old fart when asking them for something – yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I get transformed from mean old man to loveable in the classroom often.

Eddie said...

I get transformed from time to time to. But every time I transform to my other ego I need a cape.