Monday, January 01, 2007

The Goose and the Gander


photo by Rock Hunter

The other day on a post I said that the Nativity Scene, or the Manger, used to be a regular on the Square at Christmas time, but no more…. It is just plain wrong to allow one religion to do their thing and not the others.

I was wrong. I was looking at the photos on the blog of my son Rocky* and saw that he had been taking pictures on the Square, and sure ‘nuff, there is a Nativity Scene.

A couple of weeks ago at East Cobb Park, which is a County owned walking park alongside the beautiful splashing waters of Soap Creek, had a Jewish even at Sundown. I thought that was wrong too. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. But decided not to mention it because I didn’t want to show my ignorance of Jewish Traditions and the fact that I forgot what even they were celebrating.

But now, that I see by Rocky's blog pictures there was a Manger Scene in the park on the Square, I guess the Jewish thing equals things out (if you are not Muslim).

*Speaking of Rocky, he is presently in Ireland for a little r & r. I think Anna and I are keeping up with the weather reports and stuff for that part of the world more than he is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to Ireland. I assume he is going to bring back some pictures...

Eddie said...

Steve,
I think he probably will. He had been feeding them his blog fairly often in the past few months and I think they are good. Go look at them if you got the time.

Suzanne said...

I also am interested in going to Ireland some day, hopefully sooner rather than later. I hope he has a great time.

The Jewish event you witnessed was probably the killing of unbaptised babies for Hanukka candles. Oh wait. We don't do that any more. Probably, then, they were just lighting the menorah.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Menorah! That was it!
Now, what should I do, go back and edit my blog entry to make it look like I knew it was the Menorah all along? Nah, I'm too lazy.