Saturday, January 13, 2007

What Happen to Junkin'?

I enjoyed watching Junkin’ on Saturday afternoon on Turner South months ago.

In general, it was about a man and a woman and their small TV producing crew visiting yard sales in the South. They would look at interesting objects out for sale and ham it up for the camera with whatever they picked up… some of it was just plain corny, but good because it was rough and candid, and unrehearsed (most likely).

Some they bought if they could talk the owners down in price then give the audience a chance to bid on it, sort of like E-Bay.

The people behind the tables doing the yard sales were real down to earth unpolished kind of people. That is what I like watching. But also the girl, Val – she was pleasant to look at – she is a gal with many unpredictable expressions.

I just about forgot about Junkin’. Someplace in my mind it was on the back burner. Like many other things on hold in my little world. This afternoon I turned the channel to 53, and Junkin’ wasn’t there. Then, I looked in our paper’s TV listings and saw that it wasn’t on for the whole week… and not only that but the cable channel it was on, Turner South wasn’t there either. I think it is an all sports channel now.

The rug was slid out from under me and I didn’t even know it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turner South has been off the air for about three months. It was sold to Fox last year.

Eddie said...

Rocky,
Today is the first day I missed it. So, I suppose Bubba and the other guy in the mornings are gone too?

kenju said...

Darn, I never heard of that show, but I would have liked it. Come over to my place and see my old postcard.

Anonymous said...

Bird and I never missed Junkin'. Val was really pretty, I agree. I admit I enjoy the new station that took it's place but i am a big sports fan.

Anonymous said...

I miss Dave and Val, too! They made a great duo.

Eddie said...

Judy,
That is a great post card!
Steve,
How many sports channels are they? I suppose the "3 Day Weekend" was flushed down the drain also.

Anonymous said...

How many??? Dozens I would say. There's just a market for them. Old farts like me mainly....I admit it.

Eddie said...

I suppose the mostest gets what they want.

Solicity Sock Monkey said...

Dang! My 5 minutes of fame was being on that show.

flamingo fan said...

im a big sports fan too, and i was having no problem finding the sports shows i wanted, but cancel junking for more sports? what bone head came up with that idea? I MISS val and dave and would do anything to get it back-theres gotta be something we can do or someone with good sense we can appeal to-BRING BACK OUR JUNKIN! I miss the weekly junkin parties we had to see if we had any of the junk lying around-PLEASE!!!

Eddie said...

I use to like to watch Val, she was such a tongue-in-cheek ham with a sense of humor.

I am afraid by now Val and Dave have probably went their separate ways.