Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Lost Weight!


I lost 6 pounds last week. I decided to do something about of all the enjoyment I gained during the holidays. I still have a way to go.

I picked back up exercising and being selective and even writing down what I eat. I expect the first week to be a surge then my weight lost will probably trickle down a little each week.

Why am I doing such a foolish thing? I was overweight when I had my heart-attack, and after I trimmed up after that, I regained it, and then I had a stroke.

Its about that time again.

I was talking to someone without a pound of fat on him a year or ago and he was telling me how rigid his diet was, no fried food, no fast food, no ice cream, or it seemed anything else tasteful. He said unless he is ran over by a train, he will live to be over a hundred.

“But why would you want to?” was my immediate thought.

That reminds me of two relatives which were brothers talking at a Christmas gathering. I will call one C and one P. P, overweight, was talking about the fine tasteful quality of whole milk over low-fat milk. C told him whole milk was bad and low-fat milk was better for him. P scoffed at the idea. While the two were sitting talking the subject of cemetery lots came up and C said they bought a plot. C said he and his wife has not got around to it yet, but needed to buy lots too. C said they have two plots too many and C and his spouse were welcome to take those two for their cost, which the value has went up. C was interested and talked to him more about it.

Where were C’s wife and P’s wife during this conservation? Outside smoking.

In a very short time, about two months, P died. Eight months later C’s wife died, and two and half years later P’s wife died. The three are buried in the same cemetery plot, which you can just about go back to the two brothers’ conversation and link the cemeteries.

Well, I thought it was ironic anyway.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, my friend. Keep up the good work!

Eddie said...

Steve,
Thanks.
Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take more than a day to downsize it.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the weight loss, ed! i know it's hard but you can do it! don't you wish we could lose weight as quickly as we gain it?

Eddie said...

Bird,
It took me from Thanksgiving to New Years day to gain it.... it will probably take from January to Thanksgiving to lose it, then the cycle starts all over.

Anonymous said...

Ain't that always the way, Ed? I haven't lost any in almost a year but didn't gain much during the holidays.

Eddie said...

Bird,
That is something! A big something, not to have gain during the stretch starting at Thanksgiving and ending after the greens, cornbread, and black-eye peas feast on January the 1st. Good for you!!!
But in our defense besides Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, Christmas Eve dinner, a New Years Eve party, we also celebrated Anna's birthday and our anniversary, and maybe a few other things as well that I don't remember.... all that eating blended in.... did I say blender? Where?
Seriously folks - at the moment I have a mind-set of no appetite. Willing to place bets for how long it will last?

Anonymous said...

Mazel tov! Six pounds is nothing to sneeze at. And in Rome, they did love their vomitoriums, so they had a bit of a weight loss advantage in that regard...

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I hope in Rome their vomitoriums used different plumbing than their public baths.