Sunday, January 07, 2007

Memories Are Made of This


That was me singing, or crooning, holding a mike, and smiling at my audience smiling and waiting for the next words from my lip.

Wait! My memory is playing tricks again.

This morning on CBS’s Sunday Morning News Show they had a segment about memory and how and what people remember. Among many things they said about memories is that they are just like fingerprints or snowflakes, no two are the same.

They said everybody comes to the present with prejudices and have their personal standards, which influences and alter what they will remember.

As you may have noticed I dive into my memory quiet often, bringing up things of the past. Sometimes I used some kind of research tools to get the dates right and sometimes not. So, what you read of what I told you about my history is just my version of what happened, which will likely different of somebody else that viewed the same event.

Yesterday my older sister commented to me on my blog on what our great grandmother Emaline Ray Hunter said, or how she said it, about the German accent. She said she remembers Daddy saying it was his grandmother Nancy Elizabeth Huey Tyson (pictured above). So, who is right? You got me.

And so much for witnesses that testify in court that they saw a certain event take place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to post something, but forgot what it was. Ha Ha. sorry for the obvious joke....

I find myself having more and more trouble remembering things as i have gotten older. i just think other things are important to me now.

Eddie said...

Steve,
You are 40, right?
Well, imagine your remembering-strain and almost 50% more.... I'm 65, 25 years older...and each day and year the mind grows weaker and wea.... what was I saying?

Anonymous said...

I'm always hearing that 40 is a marked decline for most of us. The main loss I feel right now is in my vision.

Eddie said...

Steve,
Speaking of vision I have an appointment Wednesday for a follow up visit on my new floaters in my eyeballs.

Suzanne said...

I am in big trouble because I am merely in my early 30s, and already I have a terrible memory. I always say I am going to be a drooling fool by the age of 40. Oh well.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Pardon me, their is something rolling out of the corner of my mouth.