Sunday, May 08, 2011

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! PANIC;s Little Red Riding Hood




This is LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD done in the style of MAD's lampoon sister PANIC. Both MAD and PANIC were published by EC Pubishing Co. In my opinion there was a off beat difference in MAD & PANIC. It is hard to put into words but it is there- to me there is no quality in PANIC's humor. Many of the same EC artists illustrated for MAD and PANIC. In the case of this story that isn't so. Artist Jack Kamen never illustrated for MAD. From what I can tell Jack dealt with illustrating Love-Hate relation ships. This was lifted out of thefirst issue of PANIC, originally published in 1953.





4 comments:

Bhob said...

The last panel is by Joe Orlando.

In 1956, Jack Kamen had two contributions in MAD #29: "Make Your Own Love Story Comic" and "Real Estate Ads".

Eddie said...

Curses! Wrong again! (I meant MAD comics)

Bhob said...

I knew you meant that. I just wanted to rub it in!

Eddie said...

I should have been more specific. But that goes to show you a little bit of knowledge mis-thrown around is dangerous. I feel rubbed in alright, like a Boston Butt ready to be barbecued.