Saturday, August 01, 2009

Fool For the Month



Last night was the last night of a summer month, so it was concert time on the Square. Dancing time; boogey woogieing time; Aaa Hah! time; beer flowed, wine eloquently sipped, and leashed dogs wishing they were dead to get away from the pounding ear splitting sounds in their heads.

The band was The Grapevine from Macon, Georgia. They seemed proud they and Otis Redding operated out of the same town, but I didn't hear them mention the Allman Brothers. I thought they were good. They had a lot of people were dancing. Of the many that danced, I only focused in on councilman Van Pearlberg and his wife Patty (in white) and an unique elderly couple that couldn't keep still. Van Pearlberg is trying to legalize chickens in back yard of Marietta residents and the elderly couple probably already have chickens.










Lots of people came with their fancy blankets and approval-seeking table arrangements. It rained off and on all day and had the same threatening rain look during the concert, which I'm sure kept many more people from coming. Maybe God planned it that way - the rain threat so it wouldn't be so crowded so people wouldn't stomp other people to death. In the crowds of people there is a man I have been seeing for years. One time he worked at Krogers in the Deli Department - he couldn't keep from eating on the free samples he prepared. Not long ago at John Boys's All You Can Eat Buffet I saw him some in and told the waitress last time their quality wasn't all that good, he wanted to look at it first before he sat down. Isn't that an Oxymoron - buffet and quality in the same sentence? Back to Krogers: He and a part time teenage girl had a good rapport, they were always getting creative with making the free samples and keeping it to themselves. I am glad to see she has moved on. She is now a key musician in the Cobb County Orchestra and has built a reputation for her fine talents. The guy still seems to be a bum, always trying to get something for nothing every time I see him.















This is a Good Old Boys project just having a little harmless fun at someone else expense - mine this time.

5 comments:

Postino said...

You definitely know how to party and have a good time.

I'm darned if I can figure out the word "lighting" on the sign. Did someone misspell "lightning"?

Anonymous said...

I doubt anybody noticed it was misspelled. Did you get any votes?
G

Eddie said...

El & Geri,

I didn't know anything about that sign until I took the picture of it. I had nothing to do with it.
I don't think the election is until 2010.

Anonymous said...

Then go back and get that sign. It's a good omen. *s*
G

kenju said...

I noticed it was misspelled!!

That looks like a good time, Eddie.