Sunday, August 23, 2009

BBQ Chicken with Bones


Eating chicken with bones is a rarity these days. Boneless chicken is less troublesome. I have eaten so much boneless chicken I forgot how good chicken is with the bone. The bones, I think, hold more flavor in.

I wonder if someplace an enterprising chicken-breeder is trying to figure out how to get chickens to reproduce whole filet’ chickens? It should be fun watching the final products in the chicken yard flipping and flopping around.

Yesterday I thawed out a chicken with bones and I then I let it marinate in buttermilk overnight.

Today I dried the chicken and gave it a dry rub of salt, pepper, and spices. At noon I heated up one side of the grill and put the chicken parts on it for two minutes on each side to sear the meat.

Then I moved them to other side where the flame was not on. I let it cook with indirect heat for 40 minutes.

After 40 minutes I opened the lid and painted the chicken flesh with Big Arn’s Sho ‘Nuff BBQ Sauce. I closed the lid again for a minute. And then picked up the pieces and let them sit for about 10 minutes.

Man!!! It was fingernail licking good!

The Big Arn’s Sho ‘Nuff BBQ Sauce pictured above is a left over from my short-lived campaign for Mayor of Marietta. Zoom in on the label.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY, ALL THE AGONY WE PUT YOU THROUGH WAS WORTH IT.ONLY A SELECT FEW HAVE THEIR LOGO ON THE SHO' NUFF SAUCE.MARK MCGEE CALLED THIS MORNING. HE IS IN SINGAPORE AND LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST.HE HAS REGROWN HIS GOATEE AND IS BACK TO HIS OLD SELF.SAID TELL ALL OF YOU HI. HI!

PR

Anonymous said...

PS. R O C K
I BELIEVE THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET YOU BACK ON THE BALLOT. CAUDELL IS KIND OF SUSPECT.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
McGee is back to his old self? How does one get away from their old self? Does that mean he temporarily changed into a new self?

Eddie said...

No thanks. I took my bbq with my name and image and ran.*

*and I don't mean ran for office.

Anonymous said...

HIS NEW SELF MEANS HE WAS LAST SEEN BEHIND THE BBQ PIT AND HAD SHAVEN. HIS OLD SELF MEANS HE IS NOW IN THE SHITHOLES OF THE FAR EAST AND HAS REGROWN HIS GOATEE/MOUSTACHE. BY THE WAY NICE COMPASSIONATE STORY ABOUT THE ELDERLY LADY.I STILL THINK I NEED TO GET YOU BACK ON THE MAYORE RACE. I LIKED IT BETTER WHEN YOU WERE ON THE DEFENSIVE AND I HAD THE UPPER HAND.IF YOU PUT A J IN FRONT OF I HAD YOU HAVE JIHAD.
PR