Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1954 Marietta Yellow Pages N - P


click above to read.

I see The Book Store has an advertisement. The owner Dempsey Medford is a distant cousin through my Huey family line.

The Book Store ad said they carried office supplies, ledgers, ribbons, cards. You know what The Book Store did not carry much of? Books, that's what!

They had a rotating book rack up front and that is about it.

Dempsey Medford was always there standing and watching. I bet some people mistaken him for cigar store indian with a red plaid jacket-shirt on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK
IF YOU ARE KEN TO DEMPSEY MEDFORD, THAT MEANS YOU AND I ARE RELATED. I JUST KNEW IT.DEMPSEY MEDFORD WAS EARL MEDFORD'S BROTHER, WHO WAS GINGER COLQUITT'S GRANDFATHER. GINGER AND I WERE MARRIED IN '67, BUT I WAS NOT SUPPOSED IN THAT CIRCLE OF HIGH SOCIETY OF PEOPLES.
PR

GOOD TO HAVE A NEW CUZ

Eddie said...

PR,
Technically, I think we would be classified as ex-distance cousin in-laws.

We are also related to (forgot his first name) Medford of Medford's Store that was on Bells Ferry Road close to what is now Barrett Parkway. It was nice to keep a relative in business. We teenagers buying beer probably got him through hard times.

Anonymous said...

I saw the ad for Humpty Dumpty Nursery School. The owner also ran a morning car-pool, taking kids to various grammar schools. She drove me to Dodd St Elem. for a year in the 6th grade. Drove like a maniac and scared us all to death!
Have fun tonight.
G

Eddie said...

Geri,
I know of the lady than owned Humpty Dumpty. It is on the tip of my mind but can't bring it on-line. Too much fatty tissue is getting in the way. I worked with her son John at the Post Office.

Eddie said...

Geri,

It just came to me. Adelholt or Addelholt! Mrs. Adleholt was the Mrs. at Humpty Dumpty Nursery.

Anonymous said...

JOHN ADERHOLDT AND JAKE MEDFORD REMIMND ME AND I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT JAKE MEDFORD
PR