Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1954 Marietta Yellow Pages M M



There are two remaining M pages. So, we can say they are M&M pages. Or we could say M-M like getting your lips loosen to sing.

Of these two pages the only thing that I found interesting is that Ken Stanton Music and Sports is listed on Whitlock Avenue and Roswell Street.

I remember when Ken Stanton shared a store with Kelly Sports on Whitlock Avenue which is now the GONE WITH THE WIND MUSEUM.

And I remember when Ken Stanton had a store on Roswell Street across from Roswell Street Baptist Church, next door to the Big Apple. But I don't remember them operating two stores at once, which the yellow pages advertisement indicates.

And Ken Stanton is listed as "Music and Sports". I thought Kelly owned the sports part of the business.

But don't put too much stock in what I remember or don't remember. I couldn't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEN STANTON'S DAUGHTER WAS A SPORT.
PR

Anonymous said...

ALSO, THE PLACE ON WHITLOCK WAS THE SPORTSMAN.IT WAS OWNED BY FRED KELLY WHO HAD BIG BUSHY HAIR AND BIG HORNED RIMMED GLASSES. FRED SPENT MORE TIME IN ATHERTON,S THAN HE DID PUSHING SPORTSWEAR.

PR

Anonymous said...

PSSSST! EDWIN, ARE YOU THERE?

PR

Eddie said...

PR,
Now that you described Kelly I remember him.
I have just returned from taking Anna to the doctor for minor surgery. She will live.

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT ANNA IS STABILIZED ARE YOU GOING TO ATTEND THE GOOD OLE PEOPLES COOKOUT THIS AFTERNOON? WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT ROCK LURKING IN THE SHADOWS.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
Lurking in the shadows? I would never do something evil and sinister as that.
I prefer lurking in the bushes.

I probably will be at the GOF(arts) weekly get-together, just like the Royal Knights of the Sea do.

Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY, IT WAS THE MYSTIC KNIGHTS OF THE SEA LODGE HALL, ANDY! AND THEY WERE GOOD OLE PEOPLES OF COLOR.PR