Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hold the Mayo!



Mrs. Clara Howell is sandwiched between, in all probability, the future Marietta mayor Steve “Thunder” Tumlin. and the present Marietta mayor Bill Dunaway. They were the VIPs who attended the Good Old Boys and Girls Meeting Eating.



Mrs. Howell, our biology teacher in high school, was invited as a guest of honor at last night’s Good Old People’s Meeting. She was invited because she treated us students as fellow humans. We respected her and she respected us back.



Thunder Tumlin is the only person that has signed up for the Marietta Mayor’s Race - with those odds he will probably win. I found him very easily to talk to. He iistens when you speak. That is something.

Bill Dunaway also came. He is not running for reelection but probably still likes a good party.

We had DJ quality music, good food, beer, table cloths, and flowers. All we needed was a sack race.






"What Me Worry?"










Ivanell Burger.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Marietta, and I can't believe how many people attend those Tuesday night bashes! When you first told me about the get-togethers, I invisioned a small group of 10 at the most.

I recognize Bill Dunnaway, and remember the name, Steve Tumlin. Didn't have Ms. Howell for biology ... had Ms. Nesmith, another nice lady. Did you have Betsy Sandford for algebra? She was everybody's favorite ...
G

Eddie said...

Geri,

No, I was one of the lucky ones. My sister had her and Betsy struck terror in her mind.

PR said...

ROCK.

GERI WHO?

GOOD PIX AND GOOD ARTICLE

PR said...

I HAD MS. SANFORD. HER NAME WAS BESSIE MAE SANFORD. SHE WAS A LITTLE BULLDOG. I SPENT A FEW CLASSES IN THE CLOAKROOM.

Johnny said...

I had the old B. Sandford. She was a #$@)!!. Almost flunked. I think Bundy was in my class to. Thunder will make a good Mayor. That will be three old school mates of mine being elected in Marietta City Politics. Andy, Griff, and Thunder.

Eddie said...

Johnny,

And relatives!

G said...

Eddie, do you know if Thunder's sister, Linda, still lives in Marietta?

P. Battson must be one of our classmates, but is that his real name?

Eddie said...

Geri,
P. Battson is non other than PR. Recognize the "all-capts?"

G said...

lol @PR, I should have known.

What about Linda Tumlin ... is she Steve's sister?

Also (and I swear this is my last question) ... Who is Johnny who said Bundy was in his algebra class?

Eddie said...

G,
I'm not sure what he meant when he said "I think Bundy was in my class to." but Johnny is my first cousin Johnny Hunter. He writes a comment from time to time. He and Steve Tumlin were class mates and are still friends.