Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Morning Message: A Message from God


Yesterday morning in the hospital I was standing in the corridor and for no reason my eyes were focused on the number of the room across the hall, one door down, which was 416.

Then I heard over the PA system for Doctor 164 call number bla bla. 416 and 164! Each number is the jumbled version of the other.

When I worked a the Postal Service that would have been interpreted as a sure message from God giving you a strong hint what the Cash 3 lottery number would be at the next drawing. My co-workers would play numbers like that occurrence often… a few times a day.

They won sometimes which confirmed their religious belief. They lost even more so, but chose to ignore any messages that might be in that.

I think if one plays as often as they did, between 10 and 30 games a day you are bound to win eventually. The odds were with you.

Also on that same thought wave, when I worked in data collection at the Atlanta Post Office on the radio early in the a.m. on Sunday morning was a Sister So and So who claimed she had a direct hot line to Jesus himself. If you visited her at her suite at the Georgian Terrance Hotel she would give to you to some scriptures in the Bible that would tell you what you needed to know for financial independence. In other words if you gave her a so-called donation, she would give you some numbers which could be scriptures in the Bible… but it could also be what the upcoming lotto numbers were to be. Sister So and So had to ladies from our office to pay her a visit and give her a sizable donation…. And they didn’t win.

Now, I am wondering how many charismatic leaders misinterpreted a message they might have thought came from God and led their followers in the wrong direction…. Tch tch. Shame shame.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I'm sure that happens more than we know.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I think you are right.