Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More Wants More


I just read a quote Keith Richards said when he was 62: “Getting old is fascinating. The older you get the older you want to get.”

That got me thinking about other things you want more of. Apparently, the more money you get the more you want…or the richer you get the richer you want - think of greedy C.E.O.s. And of course there are more examples such as powerful politicians who want more more, and more and more.

But I have never heard of anybody of a poor person wanting to be more poor.

2 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Keith Richards is a survivor - he's been to hell and back and is still kicking. One tough old bird.

Once, I heard someone say (can't remember where or who) that if nuclear bombs were ever dropped the only survivors would be cock roaches and Keith Richards! lol

I don't agree with him though about getting older - I'm the opposite. The only thing I want for sure when I get 62 is my senior citizens discount at Mickey D's. Fergit Social Security.

Eddie said...

Deborah,

Thanks, now every time I see Keith and Mick perform I will be thinking of roaches.

Yep, that senior citizens discount is nice..... plus sometimes people will even give your seat to you.

Which reminds me not long ago in a waiting room I got up to give my seat to a pregnant Latino woman and looked at me odd - like, "what is in it for you?"