Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Am Back!!!


What? You didn’t know I had left?

Well, I wasn’t gone, but I was blocked from the Blogger God from putting out any additional posts until they figured out what I was up to. I was blocked about 16 hours. Evidently, they checked up on my blog during the night hours and lifted my restraints. I’m a free man!

This is the e-mail I received yesterday:

Hello,

Your blog at: http://ethunter1.blogspot.com/ has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=19633521

Your blog will be deleted in 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and your readers will see a warning page during this time. After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days. Once we have reviewed and determined your blog is not spam, the blog will be unlocked and the message in your Blogger dashboard will no longer be displayed. If this blog doesn't belong to you, you don't have to do anything, and any other blogs you may have won't be affected.

We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog like yours is flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error. By using this kind of system, however, we can dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to bloggers like you instead of to spammers. For more information, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577

Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Team

P.S. Just one more reminder: Unless you request a review, your blog will be deleted in 20 days. Click this link to request the review: http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=19633521


I immediately requested a review. And they immediately blocked me from creating any more posts. I don’t like they way they shoot first and investigate later.

But, they have the Blog community at-large safety and welfare to consider, so I don’t blame them for blocking potential troublesome blogs – but why not investigate first, it is like shoot to kill and investigate later.

Maybe they thought I was pirate when I went AAaarrgggg!!! In a previous post.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Hello,

I have no comment at this time. But I do want to test my name. I was looking at the profile blanks and realized I could change my "known as" name... which will be the same name that signs things like comments. Well, lets see how it works.