Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Harry & John Severin


Harry the Green-Eyed Cyclops is having a John Severin fest on his blog for five days.

Above is a bit John Severin did for HELP! Magazine back in the 60s. John used to be one of the gang, or one of the original four MAD comicbook artists. So was his sister Marie, who did most of the coloring at EC Comics.. They both moved on. John went to apply his expertise at several comics and CRACKED magazine and Marie I think went to MARVEL and maybe DC. Chances are if you have picked up a comic book and read it the coloring was done by Marie Severin.

Harry knows a lot of about the genealogy of comic book geniuses – so check out his five days of John Severin appreciation …CLICK!

2 comments:

Harry Lee Green said...

Thanks for the plug! The Severin page you showed from Help! is one I haven't seen before.

Oh, one other thing...my blog is actually called Hairy Green Eyeball.

Love your essays and observations. Even though I live far from your home town I feel I know something about it from your verbal tours through the streets and businesses.

Eddie said...

Hairy,
I know your name, I was just playing with it. I also know part of your name is not Cyclops but I think I threw that in too.

Thanks for the complements.