Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Brennan's French Quarters, Royal St., New Orleans


On the back it says that the building was erected during the twilight of Spanish rule of Louisiana, later it was the Louisiana Bank, the first banking institution in the Louisiana Territory. After that it was the home of Paul Murphy, world-famous chess champion.

But when we went there it was a French restaurant.

I do not know of any specific fact, but I'm sure when we dined there the expression faux pas was used many times.

Ooo-La-La!

2 comments:

Si's blog said...

Mais oui, je comprende "faux pas". Ces mots ont été écrits pour moi.

Non jamais été à la Nouvelle-Orléans. Le souhait I a pu disparaître.

Had French in high school and used it a little when I taught there for a few months. Got a lot of help from http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt for this.

Eddie said...

Si,
Oui! Or is it Wee?
Wee wee.

And I just spoken all the French I know.