Sunday, July 15, 2007

You Are Talking To Wanda

Overheard at Wal-mart in the past few days:

Lady behind the customer service counter: I worked all day yesterday till 11:00 last night and back this morning at 8:00. I didn't got no sleep. That tells me I don’t have the sense God gave a billy goat.

Customer : You mean you didn’t get any sleep? And I’m turning over stuff to you to credit:

Lady: Honey, you are talking to Wanda. I could do this in my sleep.


Approaching checkout counter in the patio area where a mother, father, two boys are being having their purchases rung up by cashier – smallest boy, about 3 years old:
HOLY SHIT!!! (You could hear it probably across the store).
Mother, bending over to the child correcting him: Honey, you mean HOLY SHRIMP don’t you?
Little Boy (again loudly): HOLY SHIT!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bird said...

Just another reason to hate Walmart. I try to patronize the dollar store and fred's instead.

Your post also reminded me to refill my birth control pill and check on that vascectomy for hipster hahaha!

4:18 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Bird,
Now now.
Wal-Mart is a good place to go to refresh one's memory on the salt-of-the-earth sector.
It magnetizes the down-to-earth kind more than Target... I wonder why you never see customers at Target wearing work shorts with their name sewed on?

4:59 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Holy shrimp, Wanda sounds like quite a character.

2:55 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Suzanne,
Wanda likes to think Wal-mart can not function without her. I wonder how the other Wal-marts survive.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script