Sunday, July 15, 2007

You Are Talking To Wanda

Overheard at Wal-mart in the past few days:

Lady behind the customer service counter: I worked all day yesterday till 11:00 last night and back this morning at 8:00. I didn't got no sleep. That tells me I don’t have the sense God gave a billy goat.

Customer : You mean you didn’t get any sleep? And I’m turning over stuff to you to credit:

Lady: Honey, you are talking to Wanda. I could do this in my sleep.


Approaching checkout counter in the patio area where a mother, father, two boys are being having their purchases rung up by cashier – smallest boy, about 3 years old:
HOLY SHIT!!! (You could hear it probably across the store).
Mother, bending over to the child correcting him: Honey, you mean HOLY SHRIMP don’t you?
Little Boy (again loudly): HOLY SHIT!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just another reason to hate Walmart. I try to patronize the dollar store and fred's instead.

Your post also reminded me to refill my birth control pill and check on that vascectomy for hipster hahaha!

Eddie said...

Bird,
Now now.
Wal-Mart is a good place to go to refresh one's memory on the salt-of-the-earth sector.
It magnetizes the down-to-earth kind more than Target... I wonder why you never see customers at Target wearing work shorts with their name sewed on?

Suzanne said...

Holy shrimp, Wanda sounds like quite a character.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Wanda likes to think Wal-mart can not function without her. I wonder how the other Wal-marts survive.