Friday, July 06, 2007

Book Report on THIRTEEN MOONS by Charles Frazier

I think Thirteen Moons is an excellent book. It tells of actual events in a group fashion – like one person in the book might represent the actions of several people over a longer period of time. The book educates the reader on the Removal of the Indians in the infamous “Trail of Tears” episode of American history and tells some of the characteristics of the Indian of western North Carolina and north Georgia.

In case you are wondering if you have been exposed to anything else by Charles Frazier you probably have either read the book or saw the movie COLD MOUNTAIN.

I think the main character of the book is loosely based on the actions of William Holland Thomas over a long period of time with a little touch and go romance for a little spicy interest.

It seems Frasier has his own signature style when writing. He does not use quotation marks when he has someone to speak. I believe I remember he did the same with COLD MOUNTAIN.

Thirteen Moons is a good book! – if you like American history.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I think that is in my "to be read" bookcase.

Eddie said...

Judy,
You will enjoy it!