Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lady Bird and Annie Fanny


This morning the CBS Sunday Morning Show had a tribute to Lady Bird Johnson. The late Charles Karout (?) interviewed her ten years ago which was mostly talking about her legacy of beautifying many of American's Highways. She did a good job on getting rid of ugly signs on interstate highways and having beautiful flowers planted. Now, much of the nation's highways are a pleasure to drive because of her.

In the interviewed she has such a great southern accent. She was a fine refined lady in my opinion.

When I saw the interview this morning my first thought was an Annie Fanny cartoon feature in PLAYBOY magazine over thirty years ago, the last panel, in the bottom left corner (above). click to make bigger.

6 comments:

kenju said...

Boy, you sure do have a good memory!!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I have a selected good memory. By the way, what did I do with my dress watch last week?

Anonymous said...

Kuralt was a North Carolina guy- just adding that- you know i love NC.

Eddie said...

Steve,
Kuralt! So, that's how you spell his name. If I remember right, Kuralt also had a secret 2nd family.

Suzanne said...

Wow, I don't get that cartoon at all. Looking at Annie's boobs does make my back hurt, though.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I guess I should have copied and published the entire story, all 6 pages or so, but then things might get sticky about copyrights and all.
And not only that, then it would have been too much of a buildup for the LBJ & Lady Bird billboard.... so, I did just that, showed the panel with the billboard and then you say, "I don't get it."
I don't blame you.