Friday, July 27, 2007

Opening As Nike Shoes Endorser


It is official now, Nike has suspended the endorsement deal it had with Michael Vick. It hasn’t been that long ago that Nike was paying another Michael (Jordan) for endorsements. In fact, if what I read is correct, Nike was paying Michael Jordan more money to say he like Nike than its entire labor payroll.

Which do you think they could live without – an endorsement or the labor that made those shoes?

Well, my name is not Michael but I think I can say Nike shoes are the best – for a price of course.

Since there have been cost of living increases with inflation and all that I will have to charge more for my endorsement than they paid either Michael. To get up enough money I think it is only right, for the sake of their company, to cut the workers’ pay, they probably won’t even notice. But even if they do, what are they going to do - quit? Haw Haw Haw.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I recommend New Balance shoes, myself. Hey, maybe I could get an endorsement deal from them...maybe if I promise no animals will be harmed in the filming, etc...??

kenju said...

I prefer Saucony. I bought a pair of their running shoes 4 years ago (though I don't run) and they are still good as new! My shoes usually wear out from the inside first, and these are still very comfortable.

Eddie said...

Bird,
At times I buy New Balance 999 (I think) and other times I buy Nike. Which ever is cheaper at the time.

Judy,
Saucony? I haven't heard of them. I'll have to check them out.

Unknown said...

Judy,
I bought some Saucony one time and for whatever reason, they were the worst shoes I'v ever tried to work out in! Funny.