Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sunday Inspirational Message


We watched the movie DOUBT last night starring Meryl Street, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Amy Adams*. The acting and the subject perplexity made a great movie – which is based on a great play.

It was about a priest falsely accused of molesting some of the boys in his congregation. I think you are falsely accused if you accused without factual evidence.

He was falsely accused by a nun. Although she did not have proof - in her heart she felt she was right. Is that good enough?

How good would be policeman’s statement be to a jury if the policeman said, “I don’t have any proof but in my heart I know he did it!” ? How would you label such evidence?

Many people think they know as a fact something that they just believe. Only their inflated egos allow them to claim it is fact. According to them, how could someone with such a great mind be wrong?

Give me a break.

*Amy Adams is a great actress. However, the first role I saw her in was a pregnant back-country girl in the movie JUNEBUG, which was mostly about a Howard Finster type of character. Amy Adams has been type-cast in my mind as a pregnant country gal. Every time I see her I will say something like JUNEBUG! Now, I learned her name more and have seen her act out completely different roles convincingly maybe next time we see her I will holler out SISTER JAMES!

2 comments:

kenju said...

I want to see that one, too.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Good flick!