Friday, June 26, 2009

Death In Threes Rule


It happened again. Three celebrities died. Ed McMann, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.

I'm sure you heard the old belief that when one star dies two more die... or the rule of Three Celebrities Death Rule.

Michael Jackson was the last. I bet there were a whole of celebrities, when hearing of Michael Jackson’s death said, “Whew!”

That got me wondering. Maybe the Death in Threes rule is not limited to celebrities. Maybe it is just more noticeable because they are celebrities.

Maybe Ed McMann was one of three that died that day that wore a hair piece. and maybe he was also one of three that died that had a deformed toenail… it goes on and on.

And the same with Farrah Fawcett. Maybe she was also one and three who had been abused by their spouses and so on.

And no telling what else Michael Jackson was one in three in… I see right now, I better stop.

6 comments:

kenju said...

lol

Carolyn said...

Hehe!

In 2005 I lost my dog, my dad, and my best friend each about 2 months apart. Now everytime someone I know personally dies, I really do consider the possibility.

Si's blog said...

The neat thing about statistics is that you can use it to show any thing you want.

But they are a real coincidence.

Jean Campbell said...

Billy Mays just died. Does that mean that he and Ed McMahan are two of a possible 3 'pitchmen' and Mikey Jacky and Miss Farrah are 2 of 3 entertainers, or are there 2 other song and dance types just waiting to die and 2 more famous beautiful women with cancer?

When I worked, we expected to see 2 more of any obscure disease or condition that turned up. It was usually true, except in the case of the woman with the violet urine, which I've never seen again.

Eddie said...

Nell,

Violet urine? Gads.

Unknown said...

There is validity to the "three deaths phenomena". Numbers to the spiritualist, the mathematician, and the scientist hold special power and significance that is hard to deny.

Three is the number for the Holy Trinity, it's also the number of components that comprise our understanding of space and time. Those similarities can't be just coincidence the ... odds would be too high.

The most recent passing we have are of Billy Mays, some comedian in Las Vegas, the third personality in this lineup have yet to be announced....