Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sunday Funnies - Book about Kurtzman



you know - click for bigness.

I got Mine! THE ART OF HARVEY KURTZ☺ book

Saturday I received in the mail from Amazon the new THE ART OF HARVEY KURTZMAN book by Denis Kitchen and Paul Buhle.

I ordered it at a prepublished price and feel I saved some bucks.

The book has a lot of Harvey Kurtz* art that I haven’t seen before and I have been a follower of his for almost 60 years and thought I knew all of it. That makes it even a better surprise.

Above is the inside front cover – HK work that I didn’t know existed. The two pictures are actually one big picture chopped in half by my scanner, but I still didn’t get it all. Notice the details?



It is a good book. With behind the scenes details of Harvey’s comicbook creating life. The book reviews all of Kurtzman different comic avenues he innovated and burned new trails.

A darn good book – or I know I will think so, as soon as I read it and study the art.

3 comments:

Si's blog said...

It's those details that make it great. One nice thing about clicking on blogger pictures is that you get to see it in all its glory. Loved them.

Bob Steinburg said...

Got my copy too and haven't read it either but what an absolutely beautiful book!

Eddie said...

Bob, since I wrote this post I have jumped right in. I am now up to page 10.

I was disappointed recently in Amazon told the shipping date of TRUMP has been upped to 2010. Oh well, I'm glad I have the original magazines until then.