Saturday, June 13, 2009

Image for the Song



While walking the other day I listened to Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneer sing I’M AN OLD COWHAND (FROM THE RIO GRANDE).

Can you picture Roy Rogers with his clean ironed tucked in shirt with shiny boots as an old cowhand?

Roy is dead. It is too late now to change his image If he had only got himself a tattoo of a naked woman on his arm and a couple of facial scars from barroom fights and maybe a Marlboro cigarette dangling from his mouth I could picture him as an old cowhand (from the Rio Grande) singing.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I used to sing that song with my kids when they were small - along with many other oldies but goodies!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I hope you put on one those sponge-on tattoos before you sung it.

Si's blog said...

Roy was not one of my favorites in my formative years. He sang songs and messed around with girls. Hopalong was better.

But as I "matured" (questionable), came to appreciate the music of the Sons of the Pioneers. And appreciate a good guy.

Eddie said...

Si,
I like Oil-Can Harry.