Wednesday, May 02, 2007

3 Kids On a Mule


These are my mother’s first cousins Billy, Glenn, and an unknown girl. Their only sister Elizabeth is about 22 years younger than Billy, the oldest, so it would not be her.

Notice the old washing machine on the porch? It was a working porch, like many country porches were.

Glenn went on to be a doctor. He has/had a fine home in an exclusive area on Lookout Mountain overlooking Chattanooga.

Dr. Glenn’s daughter was one of the first females to graduate from West Point. I remember reading an article about her upcoming graduation and afterwards she said in the article, she and her brother had plans to ride their bikes from Main to Florida. What is wrong with riding the mule?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a picture just like that of my dad and uncle when they were just little boys- lives long since past....

Eddie said...

Steve,
Lives and times since past.

Anonymous said...

I am also through the Zachariah line. I am a novice genealogy researcher (work gets in the way)! I appreciate the time that you have spent on this. I have a fair amount of info on some of Zachariah's other children.
tpetty317@aol.com