Thursday, February 05, 2009

Timeline of lights of Ceiling Fans


About a month ago – two lights on our dining room ceiling fan were out. I replaced them.

About three weeks go. The same two lights were out on the ceiling fan in the dining room I replaced them.

About two weeks and 3 days ago. The same two lights were out on our ceiling fan in the dining room. I replaced them.

About two weeks ago. The same two lights were out on the dining room ceiling fan. I replaced them.

About two hours later the same two lights were out. We concluded that we had a short in the fan.

We lived with only two lights in the fan in the dining room until we bought a new fan.

Two days ago at Home Depot we bought a new ceiling fan – after studying different types of fans on Consumer Reports on-line. We had a plumber coming over to do work and I asked him did he install ceiling fans. Sure, he said, he had put up plenty of ceiling fans – he had one for every room of his house.

I have attempted to install things like this before, but the ground line confuses the heck out of me.

One day ago the plumber and his helper installed the new ceiling fan and charged an outrageous price.

We left and bought groceries. We left the ceiling fan lights on.

In a couple of hours we returned and was putting up groceries - then a new light bulb from the new ceiling fan exploded to into bits.

Wah!

2 comments:

Si's blog said...

You are a better bulb replacer than I am. I just wait until they all go. Then you have to wait until daytime to see what you are doing but in the daytime you don't need them.

The worst ones are the bathroom type lights where I could not for the life of me find how to get inside the &^%*$# thing to replace the bulb.

Eddie said...

Si,
I am the official light bulb changer for three households: ours, my sisters', and my mother-in-law's.

I have to go to Home Depot today and buy some more bulbs and take some bulbs back at Kroger's (we bought the wrong kind).