Monday, February 09, 2009

Annie Alice Tyson (1893-1979)


This is my great aunt Annie Alice Tyson (1893-1979). Aunt Annie was my grandmother’s sister. The picture was probably taken about 1900 give or take a year.

She married Thomas Orlando Crowder and they settled in the Fair Oaks section of Marietta and had two children.

She always seemed joyful and happy. I am sure deep down, she always was mourning the death of her only son, who was killed in combat in World War II.

Speaking of Aunt Annie we heard of Hobgood Park in Cherokee County, Georgia, and went to see it yesterday. It has a big sports fields complex and a half mile walking track. We drove through the area Annie and my grandmother grew up, west of Woodstock. I thought of them.

Closer to the park I noticed a side street off Bells Ferry Road named Kellogg Creek Drive. Aunt Annie’s and my common ancestor, Eugene Hargraves Tyson came to this area about 1832 or 1833 and mined for gold on Kellogg Creek. Where he mined must have been close by.

In the above paragraph I typed mimed and realized my mistake and changed it. What if I didn't catch it and left it. Would you have pictured in your head my ancestor in white-face standing on a roadside mimicking the local miners and farmers? Maybe leaning forward pulling a stubborn invisible mule by an invisible rope?

2 comments:

kenju said...

I don't think she wanted to have her picture taken that day....LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
She does look irritated, doesn't she?