Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Music, Fireworks, and Rainbows



Sunday night we went to a concert of Georgia Symphony Orchestra (formally known as Cobb Symphony Orchestra) at Kennesaw College.

We arrived about 45 minutes early, just as a big dark sky was approaching. A storm was upon us. The storm brought thunder, high winds, and pounding rain. We took cover in the Student Center.

The storm passed in a short time and we back to the "Green" to listen to the concert.

The concert was very nice. I think the rain scared a lot of people away, but still, there were a lot of people there, just not too crowded. This time of year, they play patriotic music and when they play the theme song of the branch of service you were in you are to stand. Just as they started playing the Navy part I told Anna, "My cue!" and stood. When I stood up I realized it was dark and nobody could see me. Darn!

At the end they played "Stars and Stripes Forever" as a finale' they had fireworks.

Someplace in the middle of the concert a part of rainbow appeared. It got stronger and brighter and it slowly materialized completely into the semi-circle. Then another rainbow appeared but it never fully developed like the first one.

People were awed. The bigness of the rainbow and us little tiny people below it and us awing it reminded me of the most recent version of the movie WAR OF THE WARS.

I think God’s rainbows got more "Oooohs" and "aaahs" than the fireworks.