Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Gibbs Auto Garage

Atlanta Street near Waverly Way.

I was born about two three doors south. See the influence?



Anonymous Anonymous said...

We lived in the MDJ building apartments on Winters Street, which deadends into Waverly Way. One rainy day, the folks at the MDJ who ran a printing press under our feet came up to complain about the noise from my sister and I skating in the halls. How could they do that with a straight face?

4:54 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Anonymous, That is ironic. Also you living above the MDJ suprised me. I thought I knew everything about downtown Marietta - I didn't know there were any live-in apartments there.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie, the entrance on Winters Street and was about 1/2 between the alley (behind Saul's) and Anderson Street, just an unmarked door. I think there was also a door into the alley. There were quite a few apartments, I remember at least 8, but it's been 60 years since I've been there.

Mike D

7:53 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Mike, I thought that was you. It was worded in your style. I lived in the Clay Homes as a kid, about two blocks from the Square. I thought I thought I was close to center of town as anybody but I think you have me beat by about 1 or 1.5 blocks.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script