Saturday, June 11, 2011

Checking Out TRUE GRIT


TRUE GRIT is a darn good movie. I don’t know about the first version with John Wayne, it has been so long ago I since I have seen it I think I didn’t give it much thought, John Wayne put a patch over one of his eyes and acted like John Wayne. I’ll have to see it again, maybe there was more to it that that.

The second version, the one we just watch is superb. It was directed by the Coen Brothers, Ethan and Joel who also directed good movies such as OH BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? Most of their movies are masterpieces. It starred Jeff Bridges (as Rooster Cogburn), Matt Damen, Josh Brolin, and Hailee Steinfield. I think the plot is about the same as the first but the details of the raw west and the blood and guts, and the fingers chopped off, and the rotting corpses, and… and…uurrpppp!!!

After you finished watching the Coen’s version of TRUE GRIT you know you watched one heck of a movie.

And it has a lot of action that keeps you on the edge of your seat too.

No comments: