Friday, October 16, 2009

OOOooooooo



As I mentioned we were going to on Thursday go to The Marietta History Museum to hear a talk given by Cathy Kaemmerlen the authoress of The Historic Oakland Cemetery of Atlanta: Speaking Stones.

Ms Kaemmerlen dressed in a period costume with a fancy hat – exactly what period is up for discussion. She, as an actress, took the personality of a gossiping old lady that knew all the residents of Oakland Cemetery and the low down “dirt” (pardon the pun) on all of them.

She put on quiet a show. She told some very interesting and amusing stories. It was a unique act and of course, like any good sales person, only hinted about the best parts.

While on the museum’s premises we visited the nook in the corner that the books were for sale and I saw an interesting book named HAUNTED MARIETTA by Rhetta Akamatsu. I decided to buy it.


In the evening I picked up the book and flipped through it. It looks like it has some good old Marietta ghost stories in it. Some of the stories I have heard and even mentioned them in my blog from time to time.

I decided to glance over the first page that was titled Acknowledgments. And then suddenly, there I was looking at the: Eddie Hunter of the blog “Chicken Fat”:


My my!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A PLEASURE TO HAVE A LIFE LONG FRIENDSHIP WITH THE GLOBALLY KNOWN AUTHOR OF CHICKEN FAT AND NUMEROUS OTHER FAMOUS WORKS OF ART. KUDOS, ED

PR

Eddie said...

PR,
Yep! I am a legend in my own mind!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE MY HERO! WHAT A PLEASURE TO HAVE KNOWN YOU FOR 54 YEARS, AND I AIN'T THROUGH YET.YOU DON'T KNOW OR WANT TO REALLY ACCEPT, BUT YOU GOT A PLETHERA(LOOK THAT UP) OF FRIENDS, NOT ONLY SCHOOL CHUMS BUT PEOPLE YOU HAVE MET AND WORKED WITH OVER THE YEARS.PLUS, WHEN RUNNIG SURVIVAL NIGHT, I STILL HAVE A BUTT THANKS TO YOU.
PR

G said...

Eddie, we will keep you Humble :)

(I have to look up "plethera")

Eddie said...

PR,
I looked up PLETHERA which said something about "a massive amount" or "a lot of"...?
OK, Ok, my friends and I like to eat and maybe be sort of massive.

Geri,
If you are what you eat, I have eaten a lot of Humble Pie, enough for a lifetime, so I am sure I am chocked full of humbleness.

Eddie said...

PR,
Just kidding. I really appreciate your friendship. Thanks for saying all those nice things.

G said...

The "house" on the cover looks like the Owenby home on Kennesaw Ave. Is it?

Eddie said...

G,
It does look sort of like the Owenby home at the corner of Kennesaw Avenue and that little small street doesn't it?

It is the Chaney Home down Powder Springs Road, on the right about a mile or two after you go by Macland Road.

Notice the house in the picture has a bottom half stucco and top part is lumber siding. Now go to my blog posting: http://ethunter1.blogspot.com/search?q=chaney and compare.

G said...

Yes, now I see it -- part stucco, part wood.

I clicked the link, but all I saw was the "side bar" and no content.

Eddie said...

Geri,
Go to Chicken Fat and there is a tool bar going across, just above the title. There is a blank on the left side of the bar. Type in Chaney
and then right next to the blank is a SEARCH BLOG or something similar. Click on that and it will bring the Chaney House up for view.

Anonymous said...

CHENEY RANDALL HOUSE?????????
YOU KNOW WHO

G said...

I found it, thanks!
I'd love to live there (with servants of course). Look at all the land. Reminds me of Tara. I'm glad you took these photos before the developers moved in.

Anonymous said...

SOMEHOW, ROCK, WHEN YOU GET IVOLVED IN CONVERSING WITH THE G GIRL, I IMMEDIATELY BECOME INVISIBLE.SHURRRRIVILLL!!!!! AS LB WOULD SAY.
JUST AIN'T GOT THE CHARM LIKE THE FORMER MAYORAL CANDIDATE ,ROCK.
IVANELL SHRUNK THE HUBBY (PR)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for buying the book and this lovely post! I was happy to acknowledge your contribution; I love your blog and your story about your father and the 1848 House especially were a great addition to the book!

Rhetta